The Making of a Superhero Silicon Valley Comic Con Portrait Shoot
Silicon Valley Comic Con Superheroes
I recently had a client in need of some superhero like images for a Silicon Valley Comic Con related campaign. Focus would be of actual employees from an accounting software company. The client did a terrific job with casting. These non professional real people models were perfect. We created a ton of images over a two day period. A day in San Diego and another in Silicon Valley.
All heroes were photographed on a white background. Here are some fun outtakes from the shoot
In post, the client (CKR Interactive) applied some superpowers. Then dropped them into a city scene. Heres a finished product.
SVCC takes place at the San Jose Convention Center every year. The following is from their website:
Silicon Valley Comic Con brings together America’s two greatest superheroes: Pop Culture and Technology. Presented by Steve Wozniak and featuring top celebrities, comics, independent artists, cosplay, video games, consumer electronics, music and apps, Silicon Valley Comic Con is where entertainment and our electronic worlds intersect. SVCC
Please note the Weapon Policy
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the Security Desk (location subject to change).
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Nerf guns are allowed, but ammunition of any kind (foam or otherwise) is prohibited.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they cant be drawn.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver.
- No wooden or aluminum/metal bats are permitted.
- Items such as bullwhips, ropes and lassos are allowed, but must remain rolled and secured at all times.
- Incendiary or flammable weapons are prohibited, including any items that are capable of igniting sparks or flames, burning, exploding or combusting.
- Do not display your weapons or props in a threatening or menacing manner. (For instance, it’s ok to pose for a picture, but cosplayers should not brandish weapons while walking the event floor.)